Sunday, August 12, 2012

Early Morning Beauty


Early Morning Beauty

I rise so early in the morning
never wanting to miss it's beauty
I hear the birds singing . . . 
its quiet here
so very quiet
the busyness of life
has yet to begin
I am here with just me
the quiet and stillness
is all around me
the slight coolness in the air
feels so good to breathe in
with coffee in hand 
my writing pen in the other
all of my heart thoughts
come spilling onto the page

early morning is
my favorite time of day . . .
husband still sleeping
no chores to begin
just setting the pace for 
the day 
that lies ahead
seeking calmness
taking it all in
meditation begins
it is a gift to give oneself
in the beauty
of the early morning

seek it
don't miss the opportunity
that it brings
there is much to be
experienced here
the early morning beauty